Noahs 61st Annual Meeting
April 3-7, 2019
Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage
Palm Springs, California
Noah's 61st Annual Meeting will feature an excellent mix of social, recreational and scientific programs where you can earn valuable CMEs.
Hotel Accommodations & Meeting Locations
The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage is the official host hotel for Noah's 61st Annual Meeting. Overlooking the Coachella Valley from its clifftop setting, this desert oasis features luxurious guest rooms, a world-class spa, a diverse selection of gourmet restaurants, and a long list of outdoor recreational activities. Visit the The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage's website for more information on the fabulous property.
Book Your Hotel Rooms Now
Noah's room block at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage is open for reservations. Deluxe Resort Guestrooms are available to Noah 2019 attendees for the deeply discounted rate of $289 per night. To ensure room availability at group discount rates, you must book no later than Friday, March 1, 2019. The resort fee, comped for all Noah attendees (a $40/night value), includes:
- Wireless internet access in guest rooms and lobby
- 24-hour use of computer and printing services in the Business Center
- 24-hour access to the Fitness Center, with a daily variety of complimentary fitness classes
- The Ritz-Carlton eco-friendly bottled water and gourmet in-room coffee/tea, refreshed daily.
- Recreation Activities: hiking, bicycles/helmets, and lawn games
- Hotel-led sunrise and sunset hikes
- Bottled water and recreational refreshments at Guest Reception
- Daily newspaper availability
- Early morning coffee at Guest Reception
- Stargazing (seasonal)
- Golf bag storage
To make a reservation by phone, call 760-321-8282. You must mention "Noah Worcester Dermatological Society" to receive our negotiated group room rate.
Or, click here to make your reservations online.
Scientific Program Schedule
Dr. Neal Bhatia, the 2019 Scientific Program Chair, has created a superior didactic program with many interesting and useful topics on medical and surgical dermatology. This year Noah will also feature a number of non-CME industry sessions. Click here for the complete program schedule.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Credit Information
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of National Association for Continuing Education and the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society. The National Association for Continuing Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The National Association for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Social Program Highlights
Thanks to her talented efforts and knowledge of the Palm Springs area, Noah's 2019 General Arrangements Chair, Dr. Julie Hodge, has assured us an exciting social itinerary, which includes:
Wednesday, April 3
- Noah's Under the Desert Sky Icebreaker Reception & Dinner: In our traditional fashion, Noah 61 will begin at 6:30 PM with our Icebreaker Reception and Dinner. Join us for this outdoor affair, as the sun sets over the Coachella Valley, revealing a sky full of twinkling stars. This Icebreaker is the perfect chance to extend a warm, Noah-style welcome to our new members and catch up with your longtime friends (and make some new ones). Attire will be resort casual.
Thursday, April 4
- Blanched Soldiers of Noah: Drs. Jeff Altman and Steve Stone will host the 22nd Annual Meeting of the Blanched Soldiers of Noah. The story for this year's discussion is "The Adventure of the Devil's Foot" by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Salute to Benefactors Reception and Dinner: Join us for a spectacular outdoor reception and dinner, and extend your gratitude to Noah's loyal benefactors. Attire will be resort casual.
Friday, April 5
- *NEW FOR 2019* Noah's Presidential Afternoon Lawn Party: Noah President Dr. Peter Mulleman cordially invites you to spend the afternoon on the Vista Lawn at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage for Noah's first annual "Presidential Afternoon Lawn Party". Bring the whole family, and enjoy a fun-filled afternoon of socializing, drinking and munching on light snacks, and engaging in some friendly competition playing an assortment of lawn games, including: Ladder Ball, Bocce Ball, Corn Hole, and Jumbo Jenga. Noah's official 2019 Gamemaster, David Hodge, has even prepared some very special Noah Corn Hole sets for this festive event. So, bring your family, and join your Noah family for what promises to be a fun afternoon.
- "I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet" Reception, Dinner and Guest Speaker: Start your Friday evening with an outdoor reception and dinner high above the Coachella Valley and the infamous earthquake fault lines that run through it. After dinner, you will be treated to a special guest lecture by Dr. Lucy Jones, renowned seismologist and expert on natural disasters. As the San Andreas Fault looms in the valley below, Dr. Jones will share her knowledge of earthquakes and natural disasters and how to use scientific information to create more resilient communities. Attire will be resort casual
About Dr. Lucy Jones
Dr. Lucy Jones is the founder of the Dr. Lucy Jones Center for Science and Society, with a mission to foster the understanding and application of scientific information in the creation of more resilient communities. She is the author of the forthcoming book, The Big Ones (Doubleday, April 2018) and is also a Research Associate at the Seismological Laboratory of Caltech, a post she has held since 1984. Working with both the public and private sectors, Dr. Jones seeks to increase communities’ ability to adapt and be resilient to the dynamic changes of the world around them. The aim is to understand and communicate where the greatest vulnerabilities lie and what actions can be taken to reduce the risk that are the most cost-effective. With a Bachelor of Arts in Chinese Language and Literature from Brown University and a Ph.D. in Geophysics from MIT, Dr. Lucy Jones has been active in earthquake research for decades, furthering earthquake risk reduction through seismological research and integrated disaster scenarios.
Saturday, April 6
- Afternoon Excursion to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: the world’s largest rotating tram car—travels over two-and-one-half miles along the breathtaking cliffs of Chino Canyon, transporting riders to the pristine wilderness of the Mt. San Jacinto State Park. During your approximately ten-minute journey, tram cars rotate slowly, offering picturesque and spectacular vistas of the valley floor below. Once you reach the Mountain Station—elevation 8,516 feet—enjoy two restaurants, observation decks, natural history museum, two documentary theaters, a gift shop and hiking trails. Noah will provide transportation to and from the Tramway, but attendees will be responsible for purchasing their own Tramway tickets. We will send more information by email about this excursion as we get closer to the meeting.
- Presidential Dinner & Dance: The Noah 61 experience will culminate at this Saturday evening event. Noah's President, Dr. Peter Muelleman, will be your host for this formal cocktail reception, dinner, and dance to celebrate the 61st birthday of the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society. Attire is black tie preferred.
Athletic Program Highlights
Thursday, April 4
- Golf: The 2019 Golf Outing will be chaired by Dr. Clay Cockerell and take place on Thursday afternoon. Participants are sure to enjoy playing on the world-class course at Desert Willow Golf Resort.
- Croquet: The Croquet Tournament, chaired by Dr. Gary Cole, will take place on Vista Lawn on Thursday afternoon. This is a fun tournament to watch or compete in!
- Tennis: Chaired by Dr. Morgan Magid, this is a fun-filled mixer with all levels of play and will take place Thursday afternoon.
Friday, April 5
- Healthy Start Morning Walk/Run: Chaired by Dr. Brian Adams, will take place on Friday morning. It's a great way to get energized for the day!
Whether you're a member or a spouse, whether you've read the books or not, we hope that you will join us for a dynamic and compelling discussion with your NOAH Book Club.
Books for 2019:
- The Door, by Magda Szabo
- Undoing Project by Michael Lewis
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
Members, if you would like your spouse added to the book club email list, please inform the noah office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spa at the Ritz-Carlton
Plan your Palm Springs retreat surrounded by the beautiful Santa Rosa Mountains at the resort spa.
Appointments: To ensure availability, it is important to book your spa treatments as soon as possible. You may book appointments on the resort's website, or by calling the spa directly at (760) 202-6170.
Air Travel to Noah 61
Noahites traveling to Noah 61 by air should choose the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) as their final destination. The airport is located approximately 7 miles (20 minutes by car) from The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage.
The following options are available:
- Rental Cars: Available at the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP). Overnight parking is available at the Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage for $32.00 USD daily.
- Taxi Service: Taxi service to and from the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) is available at the airport. The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage is located about 7 miles from PSP.
Noah Meeting Registration
Registration is open! Click here to register online.