Noah's 62nd Annual Meeting
May 6 - 10, 2020
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina
Newport, Rhode Island
Noah's 62nd Annual Meeting will feature an excellent mix of social, recreational and scientific programs where you can earn valuable CMEs.
Gurney's Newport Resort & Marina is the official host hotel for Noah's 62nd Annual Meeting. Surrounded by the Narragansett Bay, this island oasis features luxurious guest rooms, a full-service spa, a diverse selection of gourmet restaurants, a long list of outdoor recreational activities, and minutes from downtown Newport. Visit the Gurney's Newport Resort and Marina website for more information on the fabulous property.
Noah's room block at the Gurney's is open for reservations. You can book online, or by calling (833) 235-7500. To ensure room availability at group discount rates, you must book no later than March 30, 2020. Noah's attendees will enjoy discounted room rate:
Run of House
(King or Double)
The resort charge includes the following amenities:
- Luxury Shuttle Transportation to/from Downtown Newport
- Season Water Shuttle to/from Bowen's Wharf and Perrotti Park
- Two Complimentary Bottled Waters per Guestroom, per Night
- Nespresso Coffee Makers and Coffee in Guestroom
- Complimentary Newspapers at the Front Desk
- 24 Hour Access to the Fitness Center
- Unlimited Local Phone Calls
- Welcome Drink in Lobby
- Towel Service at Outdoor Pool (Seasonal)
- On-Property Resort Activities including Wellness Classes and Seasonal Non-Notroized Watersports (A fee may apply for some activities)
- Nightly Turndown Service
Please note, at booking, the resort fee will be added to your receipt. Once the reservation is confirmed in the hotel's system, the resort fee is waived and you will not be charged.
Drs. Haines Ely and Brett Coldiron, the 2020 Scientific Program Chair, have created a superior didactic program with many interesting and useful topics on medical and surgical dermatology. This year Noah will also feature a number of non-CME industry sessions. Click here for the complete program schedule.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of National Association for Continuing Education and the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society. The National Association for Continuing Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The National Association for Continuing Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Thanks to their talented efforts, Noah's 2020 General Arrangements Chairs, Drs, Michael Greenberg and Michael Scott, have assured us an exciting social itinerary, which includes:
Wednesday, May 6
- Noah's Icebreaker Reception & Dinner: In our traditional fashion, Noah 62 will begin at 6:30 PM with our Icebreaker Reception and Dinner with amazing waterfront views. This Icebreaker is the perfect chance to extend a warm, Noah-style welcome to our new members and catch up with your longtime friends (and make some new ones). Attire will be resort casual.
Thursday, May 7
- Noah's Presidential Afternoon Lawn Party: Noah President Dr. Dan Siegel cordially invites you to spend the afternoon at Noah's second annual "Presidential Afternoon Lawn Party". Bring the whole family, and enjoy a fun-filled afternoon of socializing, drinking and munching on light snacks, and engaging in some friendly competition playing an assortment of lawn games, including: Ladder Ball, Bocce Ball, Corn Hole, and Jumbo Jenga. Lawn games will flow directly into the Clambake for dinner.
- Salute to Benefactors Waterfront Clambake Reception and Dinner: Join us for a spectacular outdoor clambake style reception and dinner, and extend your gratitude to Noah's loyal benefactors. Attire will be casual.
Friday, May 8
- Newport Art Museum and Redwood Library Reception and Dinner: This off site reception and dinner will begin with a 15 minute trolley ride through historic downtown Newport. The trolley will drop attendees off at the Newport Art Museum for a reception and to view their collection. Dinner will be at the oldest library in the United States, the Redwood Library, which is just a short walk away. Here you can enjoy a glass of wine or beer and explore their collection of artifacts, rare books, manuscripts and more.
Saturday, May 9
- Blanched Soldiers of Noah: Dr. Steve Stone will host the 23rd Annual Meeting of the Blanched Soldiers of Noah. The story for this year's discussion is "The Problem of Thor Bridge" by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Presidential Dinner & Dance: The Noah 62 experience will culminate at this Saturday evening event. Noah's President, Dr. Dan Siegel, will be your host for this reception, dinner, and dance to celebrate the 62nd birthday of the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society. Attire is resort evening wear preffered.
Thursday, May 7
- Golf: The 2020 Golf Outing will be chaired by Dr. Kevin Pinski and take place on Thursday afternoon. Participants are sure to enjoy playing on the world-class course at Newport National Golf Club.
Friday, May 8
- Healthy Start Morning Walk/Run: Chaired by Dr. Brian Adams, will take place on Friday morning. It's a great way to get energized for the day!
- Croquet: The Croquet Tournament, chaired by Dr. Gary Cole, will take place on Vista Lawn on Friday afternoon. This is a fun tournament to watch or compete in!
- Tennis: Chaired by Dr. Morgan Magid, this is a fun-filled mixer with all levels of play and will take place Friday afternoon at the Tennis Hall of Fame and will also include a tour of the museum.
- Newport Historic Trolley Tour: This leisurely tour by trolley covers a lot of ground as you explore Newport history and architecture with one of Newport's best, most knowlagable tour guides! This tour includes admission to our one stop, a tour of one of Newport's most breathtaking mansions - The Breakers. This tour is 3 hours and has a minimum 20 of and a maximum of 32. The cost is $50/person.
Saturday, May 9
- Afternoon Sailing Excursion: Set sail on The Adirondack II, an 80-foot pilot schooner that has been showing off the history and best views of Newport for years. This sailing excursion is 1.5 hours, with a maximum of 57 guests on board. The cost is $60/person.
Whether you're a member or a spouse, whether you've read the books or not, we hope that you will join us for a dynamic and compelling discussion with your NOAH Book Club.
Books for 2020:
- Where the Crawdads Sing, by Deliia Owens
- Educated: A Memoir, by Tara Westover
- Nightingale, by Kristin Hannah
Plan your island retreat with floor-to-ceiling views of the surrounding sea.
Appointments: To ensure availability, it is important to book your spa treatments as soon as possible. You can view the spa services on the resort's website, and make your reservations by calling the spa directly at (401) 851-3225.
Noahites traveling to Noah 62 by air can travel to T.F. Green Aiport (PVD) located in Providence, RI with a 50 minute drive to Newport, RI.
The following options are available:
- Rental Cars: Available at T.F Green Airport (PVD). Overnight parking is available at Gurney's with complimentary self-parking, or valet parking for $35/night.
- Taxi Service: Taxi service to and from the both PVD is available at the airport. Gurney's Newport is 28 miles from PVD.
Registration is open! Click here to register online.