Noah's 59th Annual Meeting
Noah 2017 - "Noah's Blue Hawaii"
April 19 - 23, 2017
Noah's 59th Annual Meeting will feature an excellent mix of social, recreational and scientific programs where you can earn valuable CMEs.
Hotel Accommodations & Meeting Locations
Noah 2017 will be hosted at the breathtaking Grand Wailea. You'll capture the "ohana spirit" at this luxury resort set on 40 acres of tropical gardens, bordering Wailea Beach and surrounded by the essence of Hawaiian island living. The resort features a number of gourmet restaurants, pools, outdoor spaces, and its award-winning Spa Grande. Visit the Grand Wailea's website for more information on this stunning property.
Book Your Hotel Rooms Now
Noah's room block at the Grand Wailea is open for reservations. To ensure room availability at group discount rates, you must book no later than March 17, 2017. Noah's attendees will enjoy these deeply discounted room rates:
- A limited number of each room type is available. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible to ensure you are able to book the room type you want and at the group rate.
- The daily resort fee has been waived for all Noah attendees (a $30 per night value).
- Each room will be assessed a mandatory $12, per-person, per-room porterage fee for check-in and check-out service.
- Each room will be assessed a mandatory $3 per-room, per-day room attendant fee.
The resort fee (waived for all Noah attendees) includes the following amenities:
- A tropical flower lei greeting upon arrival.
- Two bottles of water on day of arrival, placed in the guest room.
- Welcome Mai Tai Hawaiian Punch (non-alcoholic) at the designated check-in area.
- Unlimited local, toll-free, and credit card calls (no access fee).
- Coffee & tea in guest rooms.
- Participation in yoga classes.
- Admission to twice-daily SCUBA clinics.
- Use of mountain bikes (based on availability).
- Beach umbrellas for use on Wailea Beach (subject to availability).
- In-room high speed internet access (up to 2MB), with wireless capability and internet for multiple devices.
For information on hotel amenities, please contact the Grand Wailea.
To make a reservation by phone, call (808) 875-1234. You must mention "Noah Worcester Dermatological Society" to receive our negotiated group room rate.
Or, click here to make your reservations online.
Drs. Antoanella Calame and Kevin Smith, 2017 Scientific Program Chairs, have created a superior didactic program with many interesting and useful topics on medical and surgical dermatology. This year Noah will also feature a number of non-CME industry sessions called the "Noah Therapeutic Skin Think Tank". Click here for the complete program schedule.
Social Program Highlights
Wednesday, April 19
- "Welcome to Noah 59 Beach Party": In traditional Noah fashion, Noah 59 will begin at 6:00 PM with an Icebreaker Reception and Dinner. Reconnect with longtime friends, make some new ones, and enjoy a casual evening on Wailea Beach. Attire will be resort casual.
Thursday, April 20
- Blanched Soldiers of Noah: Jim Ertle will host the 20th Annual Meeting of the Blanched Soldiers of Noah. The story for this year's discussion is "The Adventure of the Red Circle" by Arthur Conan Doyle.
- "Noah Goes Tiki" Salute to Benefactors: To extend our gratitude to Noah's loyal benefactors, we've planned a spectacular, tiki-inspired event. Attire will be resort casual.
Friday, April 21
- "Noah's Blue Hawaii": Join us for a retro-fabulous Hawaiian dinner on the lush outdoor grounds at the Grand Wailea. After dinner, you will be entertained by handwriting expert and author of the book "Sex, Lies, and Handwriting", Michelle Dresbold. Attire will be resort casual.
Saturday, April 22
- "Noah in Paradise" Presidential Dinner & Dance: The Noah 59 experience will culminate at this Saturday evening event. Noah's President, Dr. Clay Cockerell, will be your host for this formal cocktail reception, dinner, and dance to celebrate the 59th birthday of the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society. Attire will "Aloha formal". Information about Hawaii dress culture can be found here: http://traveltips.usatoday.com/hawaii-dress-culture-14614.html.
Athletic Program Highlights
Thursday, April 20
- Golf: The 2017 golf tournament is chaired by Noah's President, Dr. Clay Cockerell. The tournament starts at 12:30 PM at the Wailea Golf Club. Participants will need to catch a shuttle to the Wailea Golf Club, which will depart the Grand Wailea main entrance at 12:00 PM.
Friday, April 21
- Healthy Start Morning Walk/Run: Chaired by Dr. Brian Adams, the 2017 walk run will take participants on a picturesque route around the resort.
- Croquet: The 2017 croquet tournament, with Chair Dr. Gary Cole, will have exceptional greenswards.
- Tennis: Chair Dr. Morgan Magid is pleased to host the 2017 tennis tournament.
Whether you're a member or a spouse, whether you've read the books or not, we hope that you will join us for a dynamic and compelling discussion with your NOAH Book Club.
- Marriage of Opposites by Alice Hoffman
- Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- My Brilliant Friend (Neapolitan Novel Series #1) by Elena Ferrante, Ann Goldstein
Download the 2017 Noah Book Club Summary Sheet (PDF) for detailed descriptions of each of the 2017 books.
Members, if you would like your spouse added to the book club email list, please inform the noah office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Optional Afternoon Activities / Excursions
Maui Magic Adventure Snorkel Tour (Private Noah Charter)
Friday, April 21, 2017
Time: 12:30PM - 5:00PM (20 min. transfer each way; 3 hour tour)
Minimum Participants: 25 (max. 45)
Deadline for Registration: April 17, 2017
Price/Person: $120 (adult), $80 (child age 5-12)
(cancellations only accepted until 4/17/17)
Click here for more information and sign up.
Other Activities and Excursions
Many other optional activities and excursions are available for guests to book on their own. Click on the links below for complete brochures.
Aqualani Beach & Ocean Recreation Equipment
Hawaiian Outrigger Canoe Experience
The concierge at the Grand Wailea offers numerous activities and excursions. Take a look at their brochure, and feel free to call them at 1-800-888-6100 to arrange an unforgettable trip to Maui.
Spa Grande at Grand Wailea
Relax and unwind at Spa Grande, the best spa on Maui, and voted one of the "Top 10 Spas in the United States" by both Condé Nast Traveler and Travel & Leisure magazines.
Click here for a spa brochure and menu of services
Appointments: To ensure availability, it is important to book your spa treatments as soon as possible. You may book appointments on the resort's website, or by calling the spa directly at (808) 857-1234, ext 4949.
Air Travel to Noah 59
Noahites traveling to Noah 59 by air should choose Kahului Airport (OGG) as their final destination. The airport is located approximately 17 miles (30 minutes by car) from The Grand Wailea.
The following options are available:
- Rental Cars: Available at Kahului Airport (OGG). Overnight parking is available at the Grand Wailea for $30/per day, and includes in and out priviliges.
- Taxi Service: Taxi service to and from Kahului Airport (OGG) is available at the airport. The Grand Wailea is located about 17 miles from OGG.
- Shuttle Service: Shuttle service to and from Kahului Airport (OGG) is availble through SpeediShuttle. If you have any questions, or to book a reservation, pleace contact SpeediShuttle directly at (877) 242-5777 or online at www.speedishuttle.com.
Noah Meeting Registration
Click here to register online.